Thursday, November 5, 2009

Potpourri

Emily just got a major promotion at work, and the Bronx Bombers are back on top. (Like many other good things, the latter victory was - in part - made in Japan.)

Meanwhile, for our British readers - Remember, remember, the fifth of November! (Not to mention fireworks safety, blokes and gals!)

Update on the situation with Tiffany Cheng and Hannah Wiberg: Ithaca College's vice president for student affairs and human subjects research review board chair have told me, through Ms. Cheng's and Ms. Wiberg's department chair, that "As the issue has been addressed, there is no need for further communication from you to anyone at Ithaca College about this issue."

Cheers!

2 comments:

Corrie Howe said...

Congrats on the promotion to NT wife. Did you make up the chant "remember, remember the 5th of November?" If I email my brother and sister-in-law in London, will they know what I'm talking about?

And I'm confused, what exactly did Ithaca College address? (I know about your blog entry, not about how the college resolved it.)

Jeff Deutsch said...

Hi Corrie,

If on July 4, your brother and sister-in-law emailed you wishing you a safe and sane Fourth, would you know what they were talking about? If so, then they should know what you're talking about today.

(Or rather tonight. If you want to email them you'd better hurry, 'cause they're five hours ahead of us.)

Did I make up the rhyme? Heck no.

As for Ithaca College, you know as much as I do about how they resolved it - and IC doesn't intend to change that.

Cheers,

Jeff Deutsch