Wednesday, February 24, 2010

In the News

Hello,

Jennifer Lawler recently interviewed me for Bankrate.com on launching a second career. My advice in a nutshell: Understand yourself.

Anthony Balderrama of CareerBuilder.com recently included my suggestions on things you need to learn out in the real world 'cuz they don't teach them in school. Basically, people need to learn to read other people and to relate especially well to customers, superiors and peers.

Meanwhile, refreshingly blunt (NT-speak for "some people find him tactless, insensitive and even rude") ESPN sports commentator Tony Kornheiser has been suspended for his recent remarks about fellow anchor Hannah Storm's taste in clothes. Can you name one thing he said that could be found particularly offensive? (I can find three.)

Given my basically distaff readership, I'm especially (but of course not only) interested in men's input on this one.

Have a great rest of your day!

No comments: