Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Dangit, What Was My Horoscope For Today?

I went into Subway a little while ago, where I

  • spilled most of my drink on the tray all over the table, chair and floor as soon as I set the tray down,

  • caught my shirt's short sleeve on the door lever to the men's room (fortunately, it wasn't damaged),

  • mistakenly thought the door was locked, so someone tried to walk in on me while I was drying my hands,

  • locked the door and then forgot both that I had done so and that I had brought the key in with me, so I locked the key in the men's room, forcing all customers (including the one who almost walked in on me and then snapped at me for leaving the door unlocked) to use the ladies' room for the time being and

  • got some meatball sauce on my silk shirt which will now need to be dry-cleaned.

(Of course I profusely apologized for [1] and [4] multiple times. And they know and like me there.)

I take a sort of pleasure out of getting all of my bad luck out of the way in one sitting.

At least I wasn't unlucky the way so many Germans were 76 years ago today.

1 comment:

Roia said...

Damn, Jeff! That sounds like one hell of a day! When I'm having a day like that I have an official reading of "Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day" by Judith Viorst. It always cheers me up.

Hope the bad luck spurt is well over and done! :-)